Put those funds away for awhile — and watch them grow with competitive, fixed rates. Simply choose your term and trust the process.
- Competitive, Fixed Rates
- Guaranteed Earnings
- Wide Range of Terms
- Set aside for future savings goals
- Competitive, fixed rate for length of term
- A wide range of terms available (from 3 months to 5 years)
- Receive higher rates by selecting a longer term
- No setup or maintenance fees
- Flexible options at maturity
- Can ladder share certificates to increase liquidity
- Early withdrawals subject to penalty
- $500 minimum deposit to open
- Federally insured by NCUA up to $250,000
Dividend earnings may be reinvested into the share certificate to enhance your total earnings. Or you may choose to have dividends deposited into a savings account or mailed directly to you.
Unless specific arrangements are made with a member service representative, certificates will automatically renew at maturity. A statement will be sent out approximately 14 days prior to maturity and there will be a 7-day grace period. This provides convenience for members, and permits members nearly 30 days to change the terms or conditions of the certificate without penalty.
A great way to build liquidity into certificates — and to make the most of rate changes — is to ladder your share certificates.
Laddering simply means dividing your money among several certificates, each with an increasingly longer term, instead of putting all your money into one certificate. This way, part of your investment becomes available periodically rather than locking the entire amount for the longest term.
In addition to making funds available if you need them, this gives the opportunity to take advantage of rates that are increasing since you can reinvest the share certificate that matures at the current rate.
Certificate of Deposit: The Basics
Click the button below for additional information on Certificate of Deposit, cashing out and more!